Ask a Urologist   »  

Frequent urination with burning, difficulty in controlling the urination urge

For the past week I have had burning when passing urine and i get only 10 seconds notice to get to the toilet before the uring pours out with me not being able to control it. The urine is a bright yellow but does not smell at all. I am passing urine every 2-3 hours.
Posted Sat, 5 May 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later

Your symptoms indicate you have a UTI), which is more common in females than in males. Not to worry, as it is not something which is untreatable or life threatening, but you need a prompt medical attention to address this issue of your's to confirm it. Kindly visit a Gynecologist, so that he/she may do a physical assessment and suggest few tests like Bloodwork, Urinalysis, Urine Culture or Ultrasound abdomen to rule out Urinary infection, to authenticate his/her clinical findings.

Your treatment plan will be formulated accordingly after confirmation. Antibiotics are the typical treatment for a UTI.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.