Ask a Urologist   »  

Frequent urination with back pain and pimple on lower abdomen. What's wrong?

Excellent

Psychiatrist
Question
frequent urination accompanied by back or side pain pelvic what can be the cause and my girlfriend has some sports like pimple in her lower abdomen and doesn't hurt at all she says ...... what could be the problem cos I have discomfort in my penis no pains
Posted Tue, 12 Mar 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar 3 hours later
Hello and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your query.

Frequent urination accompanied by pain in the back or pelvic area pain is indicative of a urinary / genital tract infection. This could be in the form of a cystitis (prostatitis (infection of the prostate gland). Though fever and burning sensation while passing urine are the usual accompanying symptoms of a urinary infection, sometimes, chronic infections need not always present with these symptoms. Some of these genital tract infections can be sexually transmitted also.

I would advise you to have a pelvic examination and a urine culture test done to investigate the cause of your symptoms. If there is an infection, then a course of appropriate antibiotics will be able to cure the problem. If it turns out to be a genital tract infection, then your girfriend may also need to have a course of treatment in order to prevent any possibility of re-infection. I would also advise you to drink plenty of water and cranberry juice, to help clear out the infection faster.

Wish you all the best.

Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
Consultant Psychiatrist & Sexologist

Follow-up: Frequent urination with back pain and pimple on lower abdomen. What's wrong? 30 minutes later
I had a protected sex with a girl i barely know she 1st game me a protected hand job and we later use the same condom for sex but condom never broke..... but her fluid was around my base after sex..... i woke up and found some blisters at the top left corner of my upper lips... and beside that I had a lip bump which I taught was cos of saliva distraction because of my block nose .... and under my tongue too being a very little hurting .. cos this be from her

Answered by Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar 14 hours later
Hello again,

If you have not engaged in oral sex, then it is very unlikely that the blisters in your upper lip or the discomfort in your tongue are sexually transmitted. It is good that you have used a condom for both the handjob and the sexual intercourse. Thougfh this definitely minimizes the chances of any sexually transmitted infection, but rarely, it is possible that the vaginal fluids present on you after sex could have transmitted some urinary / genital tract infection.

So, like I had said before, it is better to have a test done to check for any urinary / genital tract infections.

Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
Consultant Psychiatrist & Sexologist

Follow-up: Frequent urination with back pain and pimple on lower abdomen. What's wrong? 2 hours later
Ok I had oral sex (not hand job ) sorry but i still used the condom .... I will check for the urinal text but my last question is using same condom for oral and sex ( no condom breakages ) any risk ? and 2. can her fluid around me base give me hiv ?

Answered by Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar 10 hours later

Since you had used an intact condom for both oral sex and vaginal intercourse there is no risk for transmission of HIV. It doesn't matter if you used the same condom or not as long as the condom was intact.

Secondly, even if there was contact with any vaginal secretions on your skin, it does not pose any significant risk for HIV - because HIV is not transmitted through intact skin. Only mucosal exposure to infected fluids or contact over broken skin transmits the virus. So, you need not worry about this.

Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
Consultant Psychiatrist & Sexologist

Follow-up: Frequent urination with back pain and pimple on lower abdomen. What's wrong? 9 minutes later
Thanks so much :D

You're welcome...

Please close the query and leave a review if you are happy with my answers.

Best wishes,
Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
Consultant Psychiatrist & Sexologist