Frequent urination while on flomaxtra. Reason?

I wake up about four times a night. I'm on flomaxtra. I need to pee twice before leaving the toilet. is this a problem? I am in good health- go to a gym 4 times a week, mostly 1/2 hour on rowing machine, bike 30 minutes,
Posted Fri, 15 Nov 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 50 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes there is a.problem

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query.

I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through.

Flomaxtra is tamsolusin and it is required for benign prostatic hypertropy. Going to urine arund 8 times at night while on flomaxtra is not good . It suggests that the drug is not working adequately for you.

Firstly while having a problem of prostate you should restrict your water intake after sun down. If the problem persists then it wouod be wise to get a culture and sesnsitivity done for the urine as there may be an infection which was nor noticed. If even tha comes out normal then there is no option but the surgery. Prostate rekoval is done endoscopically and it is a safe procedure.

Hope I am able to answer your concerns.

If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.

If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback.

In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:

Wish you good health,

Kind regards

Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.