Ask a Urologist   »  

Frequent urination, pressure on penis, on antibiotics, not urinary infection. Causes ?

Hi, about two weeks ago I started having the feeling of needing to wee more often, infact it was a sensation at the end of my penis and a general pressure. I went to the doctor and he gave me a course of antibiotics even though he was not 100% sure it was a UTI. The sensation is still there and it just feels like a constant pressure. When I do wee it passes for a short while. It is also eased if I change my seating position? I am a 43 year old male. I actually do not need to wee more and when I do it is normal, it just feels like a constant pressure?
Posted Fri, 13 Apr 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 8 minutes later

An xray kub or an ultrasound kub needs to be done to rule renal stones.It may have symptoms like you have described.
There may be associated UTI also as seen in many cases.If thats normal then a prostrate problem should be looked for.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.

Follow-up: Frequent urination, pressure on penis, on antibiotics, not urinary infection. Causes ? 51 minutes later
Hi, meant to put in the original note (but hit the button too early), I have a feeling of getting hot every now and then but it passes pretty quickly, I also have a dull pain in my pelvic area. Again this seems to come and go?
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 3 minutes later
Thanks for writing back.

With the history you provided this time will add up to the problem I suspected. I would first like to rule out pathology like a stone .Please do get the tests done as I have mentioned above.

Wish you good health.