Frequent urination, no burning and irritation. Urine test report shows pus cells. STD or HIV chances?

doctor i have frequent urination without burning or irritation . just today i got this problem second time in last 45 days . i have taken microscopy and urine routine . the report says random sugar negative ,RBC- NIL , WBC puscells-2-3 Epithelial 1-2/hpf
. do i need to concern about wbc pus cells . is it a symptom of any sexual transmission disease or is it normal ?. do i need to take medication for this ?

its is the symptoms of any HIV or sexual disease might be the symptoms of frequent urination . or wbc puscells 2-3 count ?

Posted Mon, 16 Apr 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Follow-up: Frequent urination, no burning and irritation. Urine test report shows pus cells. STD or HIV chances? 7 minutes later
If i have to do any tests please let me know .i dont have any symptoms apart from that urination .i am getting this pbm mostly after mastrubation
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 23 hours later

Thank you for the query.

Your description does not mention about most important aspect that is sexual life.

Are you sexually active with a partner? If so, how many partners do you have? Have you ever had sex with a commercial sex worker (prostitute)? Is it unprotected sex without a condom?

If the answer is 'no' to first question / all of the questions above, you are just doing fine. You neither need further tests nor treatment. The WBC and urine reports do not have significance. The symptoms have paramount importance in clinical practice.

Masturbation does not transmit any disease, be it STD or HIV.

The reasons for WBC in urine are many right from poor lab storage and reporting methods.

Frequent urination for the second time is just a normal variant.

Let me know if you have further queries, I shall be available to answer.