Frequent urination, had active sex, had recent miscarriage. Pregnant?

I had a miscarriage on 12-12-11. My husband and starting being sexually active again on 12-19-11. I have been urinating a lot the past few days. What are the chances of me being pregnant again and whats the best way to find out for sure?
Posted Sun, 22 Apr 2012 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 13 minutes later
Since you had your miscarriage on 12th december, it is right now too early to say anything about being pregnant.
The symptoms you are having- frequency of micturition is a non specific symptom and does not conclusively indicate about pregnancy.
The hormonal changes- raised HCG levels that bring about these symptoms do not appear until at least 10 days after conception.
You need to wait for at least 15 days more before going for a urine pregnancy test available at all the pharmacies.
For an early diagnosis, you can get your raising serum HCG titres evaluated after 7th january under the guidance of your gynaecologist.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.