Frequent urination and yellow watery stool in breastfeed baby. Should I be worried?

Hi doctor,
My female baby who is eight days old, is fed with mother,s breast milk on daily basis.till yesterday, soon after thenfeeding the baby used to sleep for hours without any problem.but today the baby is showing disturbed sleep as it is waking up every ten minutes and also it has urinated around four times and excreated yelowish liquid stools aroundsix times which is highest since its birth.
Additional info is we got it bcg vaccinated and poolio oral dosage done yesterday.please let us know if there is anything to worry.
Posted Fri, 18 Jan 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 2 hours later
Thanks for posting the query.
I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini and I am pleased to answer your query.

The yellow liquid stool is the transitional stool which is a normal thing. As long as the baby passes urine adequately, no need to worry thinking the liquid yellow stool is diarrhea.

BCG and Polio drops has got nothing to do with these.

Just tell her mother to continue - exclusive breastfeeding.

I hope that answers your questions.
If you have no more questions, kindly accept this answer and rate this service.

Dr.Ratnakar Kini