Frequent urination. On unprocessed food. Have hemorrhoids. Should modify diet?

I am only able to sleep 3-4 hours before needing to wake up to make a number one? In addition I find myself going a lot during the day as well. I am 26 years old on no medications. My diet consists of grilled chicken XXXXXXX salad for lunch and dinner, Gatorade propel Zero. That has artificial sweetener in it. Usually for breakfast and at night around an hour before bedtime I have a bowl of cheerios with silk soy milk. For a snack I usually have a chocolate chip protein cookie. This is a diet that I follow on a consistent basis. Is there anything if my diet I should add or modify. In addition I have two external hemorrhoids. I have had recent lab work done showing a vitamin D deficiency . I have the copies of the test done. Need advice on this
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Poorna Chandra K.S 9 hours later
Hi and thanks for the query.

I think you have to concentrate on taking unprocessed foods to increase fibre intake and thereby the symptoms of hemorrhoid. A 6 to 8 servings of vegetable and fruit per day is must. Let you replace whole grains instead of processed ones. Replace cookie with fruit. Gatorade with lime and water with pinch of salt.

Regarding the increased urinary frequency. The cause be -
1) Osmotic substance in urine like glucose; as in diabetes
2) Hence get your self tested for diabetes mellitus, get a urine routine examination and restrict oral fluids after 7pm. Keep an intake output chart in a diary. It helps when you check with the local doctor.

Vitamin D deficiency should be evaluated further, Endocrinologist do it better.

Let me know if you have further queries.