Ask a Urologist   »  

Frequent urination. Blood glucose test is normal. On uroxitral. Any reason?

I have urinated 8 times today. My bladder feels completely empty each time. No problem beginning or ending. Blood glucose was 83 3 months ago. One month ago had blood test and urine sample and all came out normal. No infections. I take 100 mg of uroxitral daily. This still doesn't seem normal. What other conditions could be indicated with these symptoms?

Posted Tue, 7 May 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 2 hours later
Hello and thanks for sending your question.

Your question is a very good one and I will work on providing you with some recommendations.

There are really two considerations in your case. It is possible that you might have a mild infection going on. A repeat urinalysis and urine culture would help to rule this out definitively. The other possibility would be if you're having issues with your prostate. I know you're on medication but it might be necessary to adjust your medication regimen if there is evidence of your prostate getting larger. This would be something you would have to discuss with your urologist.

Thanks again for sending your question. Please let me know if you have any additional specific concerns.

Dr Galamaga