Ask a Urologist   »  

Frequent urge to urinate with little urine. Noticed spotting. Should I consult a doctor?

Jul 2016

I am having a hard time urinating, feels like I need to go but nothing or very little comes out. When it does, it burns and the toilet paper is tinged with blood. My back also hurts. Do I need to go to the emergency room tonight or can it wait till tomorrow.
Posted Sat, 20 Apr 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 32 minutes later

Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have urgency with slight hematuria and dysuria associated with pain in back. This is most likely to be due to stone impacted at junction of the Ureter with Bladder (UV Junction). An ultrasound scan of abdomen and routine urine test can confirm this possibility.

If your treating doctor is not available at the earliest it might be beneficial to consider visiting the ER. The doctor's can give injectable medications for pain relief while running the aforementioned test to exclude ureteric stones.

Hope I have answered your query. Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions I shall be happy to help you.