Frequent urge to have sex. Had hysterectomy. Having vaginal discharge. Suggestion?

This started Sunday night.. I feel the frequent need to intimate.. If I'm out and about.. It's every 20 min or so.. It feels like pressure inside pushing out when I sit to go to the bathroom.. I also have a very slight red/brown mucus type vaginal discharge when I exert extra pressure...I had a complete hysterectomy 13 yrs ago and had the Burch bladder suspension.... I am wondering if the suspension has failed... Thank you so much!
Posted Sun, 8 Sep 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
More information please.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for posting your query on health care magic.

Can you provide more information regarding:
1. When was Burch bladder suspension done?
2. What were your symptoms for which bladder suspension done?
3. Were the symptoms completely relieved after operation?
4. Are you on any medications?
5. Do you have any other medical problem like thyroid, diabetes, hypertension,etc

Waiting for your reply,
Dr Nilofer
Follow-up: Frequent urge to have sex. Had hysterectomy. Having vaginal discharge. Suggestion? 32 minutes later
I had fibroids and bleeding that led to the complete hysterectomy and bladder suspension in 2001.. Everything has been fine since then.. I take Premarin .625 and Diovan for high blood pressure for about a year.. Before hysterectomy I would urinate a little when sneezing etc... Thanks for your help
Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Further tests are recommended

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your reply.

Burch colposuspension is an effective and highly satisfactory procedure for the treatment of urodynamic stress incontinence.
Failure chances are very minimum. And if any, it is usually seen in early post operative period.
Since you were operated in 2001, chances of failure of Burch procedure are less likely.
However, I suggest you to get a transvaginal scan to check for residual volume.
It also helps in detecting cystitis, which could be a reason for your symptoms.
Urine examination to rule out vaginal discharge is nothing to be concerned about unless it is heavy, recurrent and foul smelling.
Hope this helps.
Feel free to ask if you have further doubts.
I will be happy to help.
Dr Nilofer