Ask a Urologist   »  

Frequent urge for urination, discomfort on the penis tip after unprotected sex. Worried

Question
Had unprotected sex Saturday night. Tip of penis is uncomfortable feeling like I always have to pee. No trouble urinating and I do everytime I feel like I have too. Is this anything to be worried about?
Posted Mon, 8 Apr 2013 in Penis Problems

Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 52 minutes later
Hello and welcome to XXXXXXX

Thank you for writing to us.

From your presentation, and your history of receiving unprotected sexual intercourse, there could be a chance of gonorrhea or non-gonococcal urethritis (NGU); or a simple UTI).

But it is too early to assume a diagnosis, in my opinion there are two options.
1. Wait and watch for any new symptoms to appear (as due to the absence of other symptoms like a discharge, etc; you might not have contracted anything, and the weird feeling could just be due to any abrasion caused from the intercourse)
2. Get tested for gonorrhea, chlamydia and conduct a urine analysis to rule out a urinary tract infection as well

I hope this information helps. Do write back to me for any further clarifications. I would be happy to help.

Best wishes.