Frequent stomach ache, shaky hands and dizziness. How to overcome this problem?

Apr 2013

General Surgeon
My daughters hands shake she gets frequent stomach aches?
She can only eat small portions or her stomach starts hurting. She says sometimes she feels dizzy.
Posted Wed, 27 Feb 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 1 hour later
Symptoms that you have described can be due to a variety of reasons, but I think you should be focused on stomach aches. Hands shaking and dizziness can be caused by fear or anxiety. At this age (young teenagers) stomach problem and pain after meal is usually caused by gastritis or gastroesophageal reflux disease, especially if her pain is aggravated after taking fast food, alcohol, coffee or after some emotional stress.
Similar symptoms are felt in IBS(hiatal hernia or esophageal disorders.
The best way to rule all this out is to do gastroscopy with stomach biopsy,if this diagnosis is confirmed then it is easily treated by medicines.

Next thing which should be evaluated at 16 years old female are gynecological disorders. If pain and dizziness becomes more intensive during period then pelvic ultrasound and laboratory findings should be presented to her gynecologist.

And remember, if you find any signs of fever associated with abdominal pain, extensive vomiting and intensive abdominal cramps and guarding, you should immediately go with her to hospital.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.