Frequent sneezing. Allergy or Sinusitis?

Hi Doc, I am suffering from continuous sneezing due to dust allergy i presume, also i get cold due to frequent sneezing, i dont know if it is allergy or sinus hoping you would guide me in knowing more
Posted Sat, 28 Apr 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Kumaresh Krishnamoorthy 2 hours later

Thank you for the query.

Your history of sneezing is suggestive of Allergic rhinitis. It would be good if you can provide some more information here.

1) How frequently do you have sneezing episodes,
2) Is it more in the morning or evening?
3) Do you have nose block associated with the above symptoms.

Secondly if you have severe symptoms go in for blood test for allergens to possibly find out the causative agent.

Blood counts
Absolute Eosinophil Count
Patch test

An ENT specialist would be rightly guiding you the specific tests.

The management is mainly medications by way of tablets and nasal spray with avoidance of the causative agent if identified.

Surgery is sometimes indicated to clear the nose and sinuses and also in certain situations to help the medications to act much better.

Hope I answered your query. Please let me know if you have further queries.