Frequent running nose and sneezing, frequent ear wax., symptoms increase in A/C. Is it allergy ?

I am XXXXXXX, 30 Years old.

1) Currently I am suffering with the following symptoms:
[April 4th 2012]
Running nose with sneezing frequently,
the mucas generated is semi solid and is whitish in color.
I consulated a local doctor and he told that it is due to allergy and suggested me to take P.Ebasil 10mg for 1 month (night) along with nezaflo nasal spray.

2) On 'Febrauary 2012' also i had the following similar symptoms.
Running nose with sneezing frequently,
the mucas generated is semi solid and is whitish in color,
in the successive days the mucas turned XXXXXXX color and thick,
i also got fever and tooth pain later.

At this stage i took tablets 'Sudin' and 'Zythrin' as suggested by a local doctor and i was back to normal in few days.

3) On 'December 2011' also i had the following similar symptoms:
Running nose with sneezing frequently,
the mucas generated is semi solid and is whitish in color
I took some antibiotics as suggested by local doctor at this stage itself and i was back to normal in few days

4) prior to the above dates I used to get such symptoms but was not so severe and so frequent (approximately once a year).

Additionally my ears get affected by fungus (sometimes),
i also get frequent wax/dirt from ear.

My worry is:
I am getting these symptoms very frequently, which is affecting my carrer, since i am unable to work in office with the above symptoms, the sneezing and running nose frequency increases under A/C,

Am taking antibiotics which would lead to side effects,

Is this due to allery or any other disease?

Thanks, XXXXXXX.
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Andrew Rynne MD 5 hours later

Thanks for writing in.
It sounds like you are having recurring bouts of allergic rhinitis and sometimes allergic sinusitis. This is a condition where the lining of the nose and sinuses get red and swollen due to allergens.

A steroid containing nasal spray like Beconase or a rotahaler like sodium cromoglycate will be a great help. Please speak with your physician about this as You will also need to have your nose checked for deviated nasal septum and for polyps.

Most importantly though will be to try and identify your allergen or allergens. Make sure your bed and your bedroom do not contain any feathers or down. Keep your immediate environment and carpet dust free as far as possible. Change your pillow covers every night and wash your bed linen in hot water.
Your condition should be controlled over time and you should have long symptom-free periods. When you get a flare up, ask yourself what changed that might have caused this.

I hope that I have answered your questions fully and been of some help. If you have anymore questions, please contact me again anytime.

Thanks and good luck
Dr Andrew Rynne.