Frequent right shoulder dislocation and gets back to original position. Advise on treatment?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
My right Shoulder gets dislocate frequently, and it even get back to his position after sometime. What should I do? Please help me.
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 8 hours later
Recurrent shoulder dislocation usually happens due to an instability in the shoulder joint. Loose ligaments, decreased strength of shoulder muscle and rounding of glenoid cavity are the common reasons of such occurrences.
An MRI scan of the shoulder joint will help in detecting any pathology. The initial treatment consists of pain killers to reduce the pain and strengthening of the shoulder muscles by isometric exercises. Intensive physiotherapy program is begun to strengthen the shoulder muscles.
In case the physiotherapy is not helpful and some ligament injury is detected on MRI then surgical treatment is required. You can discuss these options with your orthopedician and start with the option best suitable for you.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Follow-up: Frequent right shoulder dislocation and gets back to original position. Advise on treatment? 5 hours later
I wanna know where is this Intensive Physiotherapy Program take place in Kolkata. Pls suggest me doctor for consultation.
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 35 minutes later
Thanks for writing again.
I am sorry. I do not have any personal references of an orthopedician or a physical therapist in Kolkata. Yet you may find a good specialist nearest to your place. We have patient written reviews for doctors in our listing, those can guide you for a better doctor. You can search for a doctor as per your requirement at
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.