Frequent mouth ulcers and weight loss. What could be the cause?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
I'm having frequent mouth ulcers continuously one after another. I'm also a Hepatitis-B carrier. Im also noticing a weight loss since last six months and got reduced by 4 - 5 kgs. is there any test that I need to do? What could be the cause?
Posted Fri, 22 Nov 2013 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Ketan Vagholkar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Few investigations are necessary Detailed Answer: Hi, thanks for writing in. Recurrent mouth ulcers is most probably due weakened immunity. You need to do CBC and Vitamin B 12 levels. Weight loss could herald dwindling liver function. As you are a HbsAg carrier, there is a likelihood of the onset of cirrhotic changes. For that you need to undergo the following 1. Liver function tests 2. USG of the liver I hope this answers your question. Regards