Frequent migraines after injury to head. Temporary relief from Fioricet and Imitrex. Permanent cure?

I have a history of migraines and hve meds for them...After falling and hitting the back of my head about 2 weeks ago, I'v had migraines almost every day....Temporarily the Fioricet & or Imitrex work, but boom, it's back...
Posted Fri, 27 Apr 2012 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 33 minutes later

You are on the right treatment for migraine. But I have noticed that you have stated 'fioricet and/or imitrex' these two medications are different. Fioricet is used for control acute attacks and the later is used on a daily basis to prevent them. Please specify when you use each.

Headaches will be present after trauma to head and tends to persist up to 4 weeks.

Since you are already on a good painkiller I advise you to continue them, if the pain is unbearable then I would advise you to XXXXXXX your physician to change your drugs for a more potent painkiller like tramadol and maybe add a beta blocker along with imitrex.

But please do watch out for

1. Blurring of vision
2. Slurring of speech
3. Change of gait

I hope I have answered your query, please get back to me with answers for the question I have posed.