Frequent masturbation, watery semen, white cloudy sement. Will this cause infertility?

General Surgeon
Question
Hi doctor, I masturbate quite frequently and I always notice though my sperm is quite alot but its quite watery though i can also see most of white cloudy semen also.when i touch its just watery and not thick.I am quite worry whether this will cause infertility or is it normal?can you help me?
Posted Fri, 20 Apr 2012 in Infertility Problem

Answered by Dr. Rajinder Bajoria 2 hours later
Hello
Masturbation, which refers to sexual stimulation of a one's genitals, usually to the point of orgasm, is a harmless thing. It does not have any negative effect on the health of the concerned individual.
There is nothing wrong with the consistency of your semen and it is perfectly normal. The consistency of semen varies from person to person and from time to time. Do not worry. You will not become infertile by masturbating.
I hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries.

Follow-up: Frequent masturbation, watery semen, white cloudy sement. Will this cause infertility? 39 minutes later
Thanks doctor. I know exactly what u mean and i also understand masturbation is harmless.but I am quite worry because i personally thinks that sperm should be thick instead of watery and that is why I decided to consult a doctor instead of worrying the whole day.I know i will not become infertile because of masturbation but i just hope to know whether my sperm which is quite watery will affect fertility problem as I am not too sure about it.

Answered by Dr. Rajinder Bajoria 3 hours later

Nice to see you again.

Sperms are microscopic structure present in millions in the semen .So what you are talking is semen not sperm.

Sperm count is the number of sperm present per milliliter of semen in one ejaculation.

Thin watery or thick semen don`t matter at all as for as fertility and successful intercourse is concerned .

Thin or watery semen don`t make one infertile and impotent .

Even thick semen becomes liquid 20-30 minutes after ejaculation.

If you still want or worried ,you can make the semen thick just by taking vitamin E,after consultation with your family doctor .

Hope I have answered your query.

Follow-up: Frequent masturbation, watery semen, white cloudy sement. Will this cause infertility? 17 hours later
so in overall, its actually normal and i should not be worry about it?maybe i should cut down on the times of masturbation?

Answered by Dr. Rajinder Bajoria 1 hour later
Thanks for writing back.
You can continue with masturbation if you masturbating two to three times a week.

Over all it is normal and there is nothing to worry.

I hope I have answered your query.
Wish you the very best.