Frequent lower back problem. History of sciatica. Need a solution

Spine Surgeon
Question
Frequent lower back Problem: In the past I had a problem with my lower back and the pain radiated to the leg (was diagonised with Sciatica). I took some physiotherapy and the issue got resolved. But offlate I am starting to experience lower back problem (the pain does not radiate to my legs). I am not able to sit on the floor for extended period of time (even in a relaxed position) - experience a lot of pain in my lower back and spine.

Posted Wed, 30 Oct 2013 in Back Pain

Answered by Dr. Rahul D Chaudhari 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
need to get spine MRI

Detailed Answer:
I understand your concern. Back pain is most likely from the disc prolapse. You may need to get spine MRI to know about the disc condition. Are you doing regular back muscle exercise and stretching? that helps. If possible please upload your xrays. Also you may need to check your vit D3 and Vit B12 levels. Thanks.

Follow-up: Frequent lower back problem. History of sciatica. Need a solution 6 minutes later
Thank you very much Dr. In the past I have taken several X-Rays and I was told that there was nothing abnormal. Would you advise me to go for a master checkup? I will also take a spine MRI and upload it.

Answered by Dr. Rahul D Chaudhari 3 minutes later
Brief Answer:
its good idea

Detailed Answer:
x-rays have limited ability to diagnose the problem. I would consider doing master check up. Thanks.

Thanks again sir, for your prompt response, really appreciate it. I will be doing the master checkup scan and attaching the reports. During the master check should I ask the Doctor to check for anything specific? or any additional test needs to be done?

Answered by Dr. Rahul D Chaudhari 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
this would be sufficient

Detailed Answer:
MRI spine with Vit D3 and B12 is essential. Rest is optional. Thanks.