Frequent light vibration on left of chest. Cause?

Jan 2013

I've been having a very light vibration on my left chest side about 2 months now. It does not hurt nor does my heart seem out of rhythm. It occurs every 5-10 minutes or sometimes longer. What could cause this?
Posted Fri, 17 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 53 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX forum.

Let me know the associated details along with mentioned.
Do you have chest pain/ respiratory distress/ cough along with sputum?
Do you have racing heart rate felling?
Do you have some sort of stress/ anxiety?

With the available described details, there could be high possibility of heart valvular disease.
Left sided chest vibration feeling could be due to murmurs generated after blood flowing through abnormal valves.

You should consult with XXXXXXX medicine specialist/ cardiologist and should go for thorough check up.
You should also go for complete blood count, chest x XXXXXXX electrocardiography, 2 D Echo, serum electrolytes.
Any type of valvular disease could be detected by these investigations.

If all these investigations are found to be normal with no evidence of valvular disease then there could be possibility of panic attacks.
In such case, you should consult with XXXXXXX medicine specialist/ psychiatrist and should go for proper treatment.

Treatment depends on exact diagnosis.
Meanwhile you should take low dose propranolol and selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs).

Hope that helps.
Let me know your other query.
Take care,
Follow-up: Frequent light vibration on left of chest. Cause? 4 hours later
No, I don't have chest pain. I did have a bad cold about two week's ago.
My heart is not racing at all. I don't think I've have abnormal stress.

Could this be nerve spasm's?
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 7 hours later
You should go for chest x XXXXXXX to rule our lower respiratory tract infection.
You should also go for ECG and 2 D Echo to rule out valvular heart disease.
Loss of vibration sense and tingling sensation is possible in nerve pathology but vibration sense is not a feature of nerve spasm.
Best regards,