Frequent leg and back pain in different parts of body with swelling. What can I be suggested?

I get pain frequently in legs and back and every day it's different in different parts of the body. Also i get swelling in hands and legs frequently
Posted Sun, 15 Jul 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 2 hours later

Pain in legs and back along with pain in hands with swelling, which is persistent is a hallmark of Arthritis.
Arthritis can be of autoimmune origin-Rhematoid Arthritis, degenerative-Osteoarthritis, Infective- Septic arthritis, As a result of Rhematic Fever- characteristic fleeting arthritis, or myalgia rheumatica.
A good step would be to get a good work-up investigations. Xrays of affected joints esp. most painful ones, CBC,RFT,RA Factor XXXXXXX and CRP would be helpful in the diagnosis and management.

Meanwhile safe drugs like Paracetmol or NSAIDS pain killers would be advisable through your Physician.

I hope that answered your query. Let me know if you have further queries.