Frequent flatulence, regular meals at correct times, no food allergies. Treatment ?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
Hi, Greetings. I am getting Flatulence very often and that too when i am at home. I have this problem for the last one year. Please suggest me suitably to overcome this problem.

My age is 33 and am a software consultant.

I eat regular meals at 8.30 am, 1.00 pm and 8.00 pm.
I have not visited any doctor for this problem. I have no allergies to any food.

Posted Tue, 17 Apr 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Nitin Rao 19 hours later

Flatulence is normal for all individuals as a certain amount of gas is produced in our intestine on a daily basis, however I believe it is larger in amount and that concerns you.

I would suggest :
1. Exercise on a daily basis.
2. Eat more of fresh fruits and vegetable (especially greens).
3. Reduce intake of lentils (dals) if you can
4. Have a tea spoon of SAUF (not the one coated with sugar) after every meal.

Hope this solves your problem.