Frequent feeling of air bubble in chest, acid reflux. Reason?

Hi my name is XXXXXXX . Iam 21 yrs old. So just yesterday in the morning when i went to the bathroom i came back to bed and i layd on my left side i took a XXXXXXX breath and i felt like a air bubble came up to my chest.. if happen four time's then it went away.. And then it happen today again.. plus i have acid reflex.. What does it mean im worryed.
Posted Sun, 6 May 2012 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 22 minutes later

The symptoms described by you as air bubble seem to be due to acid reflux which could have been aggravated by food intake,lying down suddenly or anxiety.

Relax yourself as there does not seem to be anything serious.

Some measures:
1)Take OTC(over the counter) available Prilosec and obseve for changes.(If you have been taking any medications for reflux disease then you can avoid taking Prilosec.)

2)Do not lie down immediately after having food.While lying down keep your head portion elevated by using pillows.

3)Drink lots of water.

4)Have light food items and avoid fatty,junk food intake.

5)Avoid smoking,carbonated beverages and alcohol as they aggravate bubble formation.

6)Have water melon, banana,cucumber,coconut water as it reduces the acidity.

6)Go for a walk and do regular exercises.

7)Reduce stress levels and have adequate sleep.

If the symptoms persist even after few days or worsens then consider visiting a Physician for evaluation.

Hope this answers your query.I will be available for follow up if any.
Follow-up: Frequent feeling of air bubble in chest, acid reflux. Reason? 1 hour later
So it cant be my lungs.. Cause every time i take a XXXXXXX breath it happends.. And im worryed can it be a blood clot
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 6 minutes later

Thanks for the follow up.

Usually lung issues do not cause air bubble like feeling.

If there were other symptoms as breathlessness,difficulty in breathing,fever,chest pain,shortness of breath then lung problem could have been thought of.

Relax as anxiety can aggravate it.

If you have any other symptom then consider visiting a Physician for evaluation.

Wishing you Good Health!
Thank you i will not try to worry. So you didnt answer my ? about if it can be a blood clot..
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 9 minutes later

Thanks again.

Blood clot is something very serious and must have other symptoms as well.

It cannot be just a bubble feeling.By mentioning about lung isssues I meant to include that also.

I hope this helps!