Frequent fainting. Diagnosed with CA of right posterior lobe. Taking levipil and shelcal. Dangerous?

Hello Dr: My aunt has been fainting and they diagnosed her with CA of right posterior lobe 8.6mm in size. They have put her on levipil 500, shelcal 0s levipil 750 and stalopam10. What are her treatment options. What should we be vary off and what should we look out for. Is it XXXXXXX and how dangerous?
Posted Fri, 8 Mar 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Gopal Krishna Dash 48 minutes later
Thanks for the query

With the limited information, I would like to say that (with due respect to your physician) there is no role of prophylactic anticonvulsants; I mean if there is no history of seizures, levepil is not required.

A neurological as well as medical evaluation will be required. The outcome will depend upon the exact histopathological diagnosis.

The treatment options depend upon the diagnosis. Options may include radiation, chemotherapy etc.

Please visit a medical center with multidisciplinary facility and get evaluated

Please get back to me if you have any concerns and be detailed.

Best wishes