Frequent episodes of Bronchitis and yeast infections, abnormal blood pressure. Should I worry?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Hi. Should I worry that I've had brocitus twice and 3 yeast infections and thrush in the last 2 months? My bp was 110/50. Is that too low?
Posted Tue, 1 May 2012 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 3 hours later
Having two episodes of Bronchitis and three episodes of fungal infections in last two months is indicative of slightly lowered body immunity. This does not necessarily indicate a serious issue.
You can get your blood glucose levels examined to rule out diabetes.
To increase your body immunity you can take Vitamin C supplements, have a healthy diet and do daily exercise.
The blood pressure of 110/50 is perfect if not ideal. There is nothing to worry about this reading in the absence of any symptoms like dizziness or irregular heart rate or palpitations.
I hope this answers your query effectively.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.