Frequent dull achy pain in chest near left side of breast near under arm,soreness,chronchitis

Question
I Have had a Dull Achy Pain/Twitching in My upper Chest for several weeks now. It is located on the left side of my breast and near my under arm, sometimes a little above my breast. It only last a few seconds and comes and goes through out the day..Some days are worse than others. I thought it was my heart for a few days so I went to the ER one night about 3 weeks ago and they said I had Chroncritis and gave me medicine for pain and inflamation...It is still doin it though but it is somewhat better than before. The EKG was normal and so was XRAYS.What could be the cause? I have read it could be muscles?? It is sore when I press that area! I do not excercise though but do have small kids that I lift alot! What will help this pain that is so annoying to me??
Posted Fri, 20 Apr 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 3 hours later

Thanks for your query. The cardiac causes have been ruled out by EKG and it is good that any heart condition is ruled out. However to completely rule it out an ECHO needs to be done.

Other than that such kind of pain which is present when the area is pressed can be due to muscular pain or costochondritis. Take adequate rest, apply warm compresses on the area and take some oral doctor.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health.