Frequent cracks in heels. Skin feel hard and rough. Used dipsalic-f ointment. Treatment?

Hi. from last 2 / 3 moths my heel have an frequently crack, as my logic due to XXXXXXX heat it was happen, but still in this cold season this cracks are not gone, before this creaks I observed as the particular area of the skin have an very hard and rough and then it was move in creaks. Pls suggest me any treatment or information for this. (Crack not has any bleeding) currently as per information with local medical practitioner I used the “dipsalic-f” ointment.
Posted Wed, 24 Jul 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 13 hours later

You are on the best treatment for the cracks you have. Disalic F contains salicylic acid which is the bet drug to treat such hardened skin and prevent cracking.

Continue applying the same ointment, also avoid the cracks getting wet in water, Apply some vasalene petroleum gelly over the cracks, this prevents the water from entering the cracks and help healing.

Also do wear socks, as these prevent any dust entering into the cracks, which is the lone cause for infections and delay in healing of the cracks.

The above method if followed, the cracks may disappear within a month or two without any marks.

Hope, I answered your query.

Wish you good health.