Frequent cold and cough. Precautionary measures to avoid it

I had been a victim for cold and cough bit regularly i mean atleast 3-4 months once I had to face this cold and cough. Could you please let me know the precautionary measures to avoid this problem happening in future.
Posted Wed, 27 Jun 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Abid 2 hours later
Hi there...

Sorry to hear about your problem.

As you have history of recurrent episodes of cold and cough with no other health issue,your test for sinusitis came to be negative,you have no history of allergies keeping your history in mind I will suggest you to get IgA antibody test because often individuals suffering from isolated IgA antibody may have off/on cold. The other reason should be less room in the nostril because of deviated nasal septum and polyps. They obstruct free flow of air too. An ENT expert examination is required.

As far as precautionary measures are concerned you should avoid cold beverages,avoid smoking or exposure to smoke,dry environment expose the person more to have this problem so try to avoid that. A CBC for eosniophils count and skin prick test will specifically rule out allergies though you had no previous history.

So please follow the instructions as i mentioned get test and proceed further.

Regards and have a nice time.
Follow-up: Frequent cold and cough. Precautionary measures to avoid it 25 minutes later
Thanks for the above information and much appreciated. I will foresee how to proceed with the test mentioned in the above notes. Thanks very much again
Answered by Dr. Abid 8 minutes later
You are most welcome,in future if you need my help please ask by name dr abid.
Thanks and have a nice time don't forget to leave positive feedback for me.