Frequent brownish yellow jelly stool for the past week

I am passing brownish yellow jelly stool 7 times a day for the past week.
Posted Tue, 1 May 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 50 minutes later

Thanks for the query

I need to know more about your condition in order to advice you better,

1. Do you pass jelly stools mixed with mucous? Blood stained?
2. Is it foul smelling?
3. Did you have fever?
4. Has your appetite reduced?

Please get back to me with the answers, I am awaiting your reply

Follow-up: Frequent brownish yellow jelly stool for the past week 2 hours later
some times i have stool with jelly but most of the time its just dark jelly not sure about blood stain some them look like a dark red is in the middle of it. its smell bad to fever that I know of. my appetite has reduced a little.
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 3 hours later
Thanks for replying
You are probably suffering from an intestinal infection which can be caused by a bacterial infection or a parasitic infection.
I would suggest the following:
a.     The main treatment would be taking an antibiotic like a fluoroquinolone like ciprofloxacin and a drug for the parasitic infection like tinidazole or metronidazole. However, these are prescription drugs and you would need to see your treating physician for this who can evaluate you and prescribe appropriate therapy.
b.     Take plenty of fluids like water and oral rehydration solution. You can make one by using 1/2 teaspoon salt, 6 level teaspoons of sugar and 1 liter of water.
c.     Take a probiotic like plain yoghurt twice a day.
I hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer if you have no further queries.

I wish you a speedy recovery