Frequent BM, stomach pain, leg pain, bleeding, dizziness, lightheaded, stressed, negative pregnancy test.

I have been having frequent bowel movements for months. At home, from 15- 30 minutes. I do not sleep well anymore. I have a lack of energy. My stomach hurts. I got my period early on September 23, instead of September 29 or after. I usually have cramps with my period, but I did not this time. or usual pms symtoms. I had 5 days ealrier, and had symtoms of pregnancy. I took a pregnacy test and it was negative. I went the doctor, and it was negative, but it was not a blood test. My stomach is having hurting and having pain down my legs, right now. I woke up early today, and I have been bleeding all day. I have blood stains, and when I go to the bathroom, blood comes out. A medium amount, but not just spotting. It is bright red. In the front, not the back. I feel a little dizzy also. Feel a little lightheaded. i take 9 grams of fish oil (omega brite), primerose oil, focus factor, luvox 150 mg, a probiotic- 30 billion, taurine/vitamin B-6. I have been having a lot of stress in my life.
Posted Mon, 30 Apr 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Sujeet N Charugulla 6 hours later
Hello and thanks for your query.

I shall make an effort to provide you with good professional recommendations specific to your questions.

I believe your concern regarding the symptoms enumerated - you certainly have anemia for sure with dizziness, light headed, menstrual problems. A blood test would be needed to assess the same. (Haemoglobin)

And for the cramps during the period and radiating pain down your legs - that would need tests to make sure your ovaries, uterus and vagina are normal. An ultrasound scan after a clinical examination would reveal that.

Stress, also can create havoc with your periods, as much as speeding up your bowels, insomnia, lack of energy and all the symptoms you have written. It is possible that the scan is normal and it just might be stress that is creating all this for you. No doubt, you are taking good care of your diet. Add in some dates and iron XXXXXXX foods.

Try to reduce stress levels with your options. Explore the cause of the stress and work on reducing it. Get help with a psychiatrist if you cannot manage well on your own with exercises/yoga/meditation/hobbies/etc.

Yet again, I duly appreciate your query to me, I do hope that you have found something useful to help you and I shall be glad to answer any further apprehensions.