Ask a Urologist   »  

Frenulum rip during sex. Should I get circumcised?

Hi a lot of times I have sex the frenulum rips. It is ripped down to about half way already. I wanted to know if curcumsision was the answer and if insurance cover that since it bleeds when rips?
Posted Mon, 21 Jan 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 28 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX and thank for your query.
If bleeds repeatedly, it is better to get circumcised. Before that, try being gentle at sex and see if that makes a difference. Use of lubricants can also help.
I am not sure of the insurance, hence please contact your doctor/INSURANCE AGENT on this issue.
Wishing you good health,
Best Regards
Follow-up: Frenulum rip during sex. Should I get circumcised? 3 minutes later
I think it's a short frenulum as they say online that I have been reading about. It just hurts when I have sex and it happens then weeks afterwards till heals
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 18 minutes later
Welcome back.
It is good that you aware of the condition. It is typical of FRENULAR TEAR.
Trial of gentle sex with lubricant use can be attempted before resorting to circumcision.
Wishing you good health,
Best regards