Frenulum got tore while having sex. Is it normal?

Hello,last 2 days before I had sex with my wife.during intercourse my frenulum little bit teared.from that blood also came .after that when am trying my forskin to retrsct I am feeling a bit is it normal or I need to do frenuloplasty.i am bit worry abot help
Posted Tue, 19 Nov 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. V. Sasanka 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Give rest and see

Detailed Answer:
What you have described is a fairly common phenomenon we have seen in men who have what we call 'frenulum breve' or short frenulum. This area is one one of the most well perfused areas in the body, and therefore even a small tear can cause significant and alarming bleed, and typically patients complain of bleed after intercourse.
However, not everyone needs correction of this short frenulum, as on several occasions we have seen that the healing that follows the tear also provides the solution, i.e. the scar that follows helps elongate the frenulum. In the meantime you can avoid intercourse to help hasten the healing process, as repeated trauma might delay the scar formation.
Some people do indeed need frenuloplasty, especially if discomfort persists at the time of intercourse or if there are recurrent episodes of bleeding from the tear. This is a simple procedure, and can be easily done under local anaesthesia. Some people prefer to have circumcision which takes care of the issue once and for all.
Hope I have been able to help you.
Follow-up: Frenulum got tore while having sex. Is it normal? 5 hours later
Thanks according to you advice I hv to avoide intercourse.up to how many day?and if it ll continue then what I ll do?shall I go for a frenuloplasty?if it is yes can suggest me how it is ?after surgery can I go for work after very next day.
Answered by Dr. V. Sasanka 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
simple surgery, but see if rest will be enough

Detailed Answer:
Hi again
I imagine an abstinence period of ten to fourteen days should be adequate for healing to take place and the tiny wound to fibrose. If you find that you are not comfortable with this idea you can undergo the surgery frenuloplasty or circumcision which is simple and you can be back at light work in a day or two though abstinence will still be recommended after the procedure.
Hope I have been able to clarify your doubts.