Free fluid is present posterior to the uterus, rounded anechoic structures in uterine fundus. Meaning?

what does a very small amount of free fluid is present posterior to the uterus and rounded anechoic structures are present within the uterine fundus
Posted Fri, 4 May 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 33 minutes later

A small amount of fluid present posterior to uterus means that this fluid is present in the pouch of XXXXXXX If it is associated with lower abdominal pain then it is most likely to be due to pelvic inflammatory disease.

A rounded anechoic area in the fundus of uterus can be a small fibroid with degenerative changes or a fluid collection in that area. Usually it is just a chance finding on an ultrasound and is not symptomatic and no treatment is needed.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.