Fractured pelvis, vaginal baby delivery, weeping edema in legs and feet. Treatment?

I have a fractured pelvis and just had to be induced and delivered a baby vaginally at 37 weeks and it resulted in weeping edema in my legs and feet. how can I treat it. It is preventing me from standing, walking and is very painful
Posted Sun, 8 Jul 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 43 minutes later

The swelling in the feet you have could be a complication related to the fracture pelvis you had.Such fractures release clots into the circulation which can block the venous circulation and lead to stasis of the blood in the limbs.This stasis leads to swelling in the feet.

I suggest you to get an Venous Doppler scan of both the limbs to rule out any blood clot occluding the veins.

Swelling due to other causes other than I mentioned above can be easily treated with medications like Diuretics.

Do get the scan done and get back to me ,I shall suggest you right way to proceed thereafter.

Wish you good health,