Fractured nose, concussion, headache, tired, nauseous. Will driving be jarring for my head?

I fell ten days ago and have a fractured nose and a mild concussion. My head aches, I'm tired, and I'm a little nauseous. I had planned on driving 350 miles to visit a friend, but I've begun to wonder if that much motion of the car at 70 MPH might be too jarring for my head, impeding recovery. What do you think? Thank you.
Posted Fri, 4 May 2012 in Head Injuries
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 2 hours later
Hello and thanks for the query.

I think it would be safe for you to drive on the trip. As far as comfort however, this depends on how well your friend drives. If your friend drives conservatively without alot of quick acceleration or stops I think there will be no issue.

For now, focus on recovery, low stress, good hydration, healthy eating and also sleep! Plenty of sleep is very important in the recovery process. A concussion can really put you in a fog for a few weeks but i am sure you will make a good recovery.

again, go on the trip - enjoy yourself and try not to focus too much on the past injury and moreso on good times.

I thank you again for the query and hope my response has been helpful and informative. If you have any additional concerns please let me know.

Dr. Galamaga