Fracture of hip, pain in inner thigh, painful limp. CT scan awaited. What can be the diagnosis?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
I fell on my right hip about a month agao, I was diagnosed with a fracture of the hip and a cat scan was ordered the pain is in my inner thigh and under my right but cheek, I can walk but it is with a painful limp, I will have the cat scan read tomorrow at the orthepedic surgeons office. But what is the most likely diagnosis also what will happen when they operate. I can upload the cat scan if possible
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
In case of a fractured hip, the management depends on the site of fracture.
In most of the cases, an operation is needed for internal fixation. Sometimes partial or complete hip replacement are also required. A physical examination and investigations like CAT scan are needed to assess the case.
It would be helpful if you could upload your CAT scan report in the box provided on the right hand side of this query for a better understanding.

Waiting for your response.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.

Follow-up: Fracture of hip, pain in inner thigh, painful limp. CT scan awaited. What can be the diagnosis? 14 minutes later
Thank You I Have attached the cat scan in the event I do need a new hip what is the recovery time

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 13 minutes later
Hello.

Thanks for writing again.
Unfortunately there is no report attached to this query.
You have a feature to upload the reports by yourself at the right side of the query page, please utilize that so that I can answer your queries better.

You can also send the reports by e mail to the customer care with the subject ATTN: Dr. Praveen Tayal.
In case a hip replacement is needed, full recovery will take around 6-8 weeks time.

Hope this answer is helpful.

Do accept the answer in case there are no further queries.

Regards.

Follow-up: Fracture of hip, pain in inner thigh, painful limp. CT scan awaited. What can be the diagnosis? 9 minutes later
I have just uploaded a few images of my cat scan please let me know what you think

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 4 hours later
Hello.
Thanks for sending all the CT scan images. Your images are suggestive of an acetabulum fracture. Surgery is not needed in most of these cases.
It can be managed conservatively with skeletal traction for 4 weeks.
You can discuss the treatment options with your orthopedician.
Wishing you a trouble free early recovery.
Regards.