Four year old laughing in sleep. Is this normal?

My 4 year old daughter was taking a nap on the couch and then started laughing weird at least thats what it sounded like. I then went up to her and smelled like throw up but i did not see any and she seemed a little confused when she woke up. It all seemed very odd and i just want to make sure there is nothing to worry about.
Posted Sat, 11 Jan 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 33 minutes later
Brief Answer: relax Detailed Answer: Hi. Thanks for your query. I understand your concern. Relax,there is nothing to worry. She might have seen something in dream after which she reacted. This is sometimes seen in toddlers. I suggest you to observe her for 24 hours regarding her appetite/bowel and bladder pattern/her activity. Make sure she has not ingested anything before sleep. In case you observe any abnormality get back to me or consult your doctor. Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if you have any further question. Wishing your baby good health. God bless...