Four weeks pregnant, Unwanted 72 ineffective. Effect or deformity in baby?

i had unwanted 72 on 17th day of my cycle but now m still pregnant will this medicine effect my pregnancy or cause any deformity in baby. please guide me m worried m 4 weeks pregnant
Posted Sun, 15 Apr 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 44 minutes later

Usually Emergency contraceptive pills as Unwanted 72 do not affect the developing foetus and woman giving birth to babies with deformity after taking the pills have not been reported.

But it is the decision taken by couple whether they want to continue the pregnancy or not as there is no specific study which has proved this.

Start taking Folic acid once a day as it prevents any neural defect in the foetus and visit a Gynaecologist for examination.Have healthy nutritious diet and drink lots of water.

You might be advised USG scan after a week or a Transvaginal scan which helps in giving a better picture of the development.

Hope this answers your query.I will be available for follow up if you have any doubts.