Found white objects in feces about the size of a large almond. What is this?

I have found white objects in my feces about the size of a large almond. They are solid white throughout and feel fatty in composition.
Posted Thu, 26 Jul 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Pravin Banodkar 2 hours later

Thanks for the query. I would be pleased to answer your question

I would suggest you to send your stool to the microbiology lab for examination. They will do a microscopy and culture of the stools and give an idea as to the presence of different matters and substances in the stools.

White objects in the stools can be food matter, Steatorrhea (fat in stools), Cysts of worms, worms, and other foreign material. As you do not have any other associated symptoms, it is most likely a less concerning problem which doesn't need any other medical intervention. However I would still encourage you to consider deworming – it would take care of any worm / parasitic infestation. Your local physician can help you with the deworming process.

Hope this answers your query. I will be available to answer any other follow up query which you might have.