Found white blood cell count 13.4. Feeling lack of energy, headache and nausea. What to do?

My white blood cell count was 13.4. I have been tired, lack of energy, headache, nausea for about 6 days. Should I worry about this?
Posted Tue, 6 Aug 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Omer 19 minutes later

I am Dr.Omer and I am here to help you with your query.

As you have said that you are a female of 61 year old, having essential myoclonus, now having high TLC that is 13.4, tired, headache and nausea for last 6 days.

Based on the description of your symptoms, high WBCs count of 13.4, with other symptoms simply shows that you are having INFECTION.

Now to diagnose what kind of infection in which organ is causing you the symptoms of lethargy, headache, and nausea for last 6 days could be following:

1. like high frequency urination or burning sensation while urinating while headache, tiredness and low energy are common symptoms of this disease

2. You may be taking anti-eplieptics like valproic, primidone or clonazepam for myclonic problem, but your drugs cannot explain your symptoms with high WBcs.

3. Could be a sore throat, as your symptoms can occur in this disease as well

In any of the case you need a consultation of internist for antibiotics, as he will perform baseline tests like urine test, blood cultures and chest x-ray to check every organ for any infection.

In the end I would say nothing to worry about as you need examination and tests to diagnose the type of infection, get the antibiotics, and you will be fine again.

Hope this helps.

Feel free to ask any further questions.