Found tongue yellow, feeling burned. Swollen tongue and more mucus. What can this be?

My tongue is yellow, feels as if it were slightly burned. Back of throat has a slightly similar feel. More mucus in throat than usual. Tongue feels swollen.
Posted Mon, 18 Nov 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Possible infection of mouth and throat....

Detailed Answer:

Your clinical symptoms indicate an infection of your mouth and throat. If I were your caring doctor would advise to do the culture of the throat swab for bacteria and candida together with antibiogramme and mycogramme.

As the tests results will come after 3 days, I'd suggest to stop smoking (if you are a smoker) and take a good care of your mouth (wash with water and salt, mouth spray).

Hope it answered your question!

p.s. if you have further concern, please write back to me!