Found tiny red spots around pubic area and few white spots on penis shaft. Any treatment?

Excellent

Dermatologist
Question
I have a few tiny red spots around my pubic area along with a few white spots on my penis shaft. I am trying to identify these I have a photo if needed.
Posted Fri, 15 Feb 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 12 minutes later
Thanks for writing.
Frankly from the description provided, it is hard to think of possible diagnosis. It could be a fungal infection or eczema etc.Uploading a good resolution image would be of immense help as dermatology is completely a visual field and diagnosis can't be made without having a look at the lesion.
I would also like to know
If its itchy
Since how long are you having it
Medicines used so far
Any other associated skin lesions

Hoping to hear from you soon. Take care.

Follow-up: Found tiny red spots around pubic area and few white spots on penis shaft. Any treatment? 3 minutes later
I believe I've had them for almost one month. I have no other medical or skin issues. No treatment so far.

I thought I uploaded a photo, here is a link.
WWW.WWWW.WW

Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 22 minutes later
Thanks for writing back.
From the image that you have uploaded, these look like a viral infection of skin known as molluscum contagiosum. Molluscum is characterised by asymptomatic elevated pearly or fleshy papules.

As molluscum in genital area can spread to partner too, it should be immediately treated.

Application of salicylic acid, tretinoin creams, imiquimod creams ,potassium hydroxide cryotherapy etc help in healing of the lesion but takes few weeks time.
So I would suggest, you take an appointment with a dermatologist and either get the lesions removed by curettage or electro cautery. It's single sitting procedure and would help in treating the lesions immediately. After removal with either curettage or cautery, application of topical antibiotics would be required for couple of days for proper healing.

Hope that answers your query. In case if there is any doubt, kindly write back. I would be happy to assist you and should there be no query, we may close this discussion.

Wish you a speedy recovery. Take care.

Thank you, molluscum was my primary thought as well.

Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 3 minutes later
Book an appointment with your dermatologist to get these removed as early as possible. Right now these are small and so removal won't be painful.
Wish you a speedy recovery. Take care.