Ask a Urologist   »  

Found tiny red dots on the shaft of penis during erection. What could be this?

Excellent

Psychiatrist
Question
Dear doc,
I have found some tiny red dots on the shaft of my penis during erection, but they re gone and invisible when I m not erect, what re the possibilities for that?
Thx for answering XXXXXXX
Posted Fri, 16 Nov 2012 in Penis Problems

Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 3 hours later

Important aspects of your query are:
• 24 year old male
• Complaints of: Tiny red dots on the shaft of penis during erection.
• Currently on serotonergic medicines

During erection, blood flow to penis increases and tiny red dots may be form on shaft of penis due to capillary dilation, which disappear after loss of erection.

From your description it is appearing non problematic to me. These are common and there is nothing to worry about as these are self limiting conditions.

If these lesions causing problem like itching, pain, fever or pus formation, then you will need attention from physician to rule out infection.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow ups.

Wish you good health.

Follow-up: Found tiny red dots on the shaft of penis during erection. What could be this? 11 hours later
Dear Doc,
Thx for the answer, however, I hv found that I hv mixed up the term shaft for glans, coz I am not an English speaking person, sorry for making a silly mistake. So I have asked an inaccurate question.
Actually, I intended to ask about the red dots appear on the glans of penis, they have a size of goose bump, they didn't exist until I have passed 20, and it seems that they are getting more and more. So, will this make a difference if it is the glans , but not the shaft?
Thx

Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 4 hours later
Hello again,
Thanks for follow up.

Now your problem is much more clear to us. Tiny rod dots on glans of penis may be pimples or ingrown hairs or Penile papules. These are common and they're nothing to worry about.

But again, If these lesions causing problem like itching, pain, fever or pus formation, then you will need attention from physician to rule out infection.

Please accept my answer in case there are no further queries and recommend our services to your friends too if you have found it helpful.

Wish you good health.
Regards.