Ask a Urologist   »  

Found three little lesions on perineum, it stings and burns to urinate. Diagnosed with UTI. Chances of STD?

Infertility Specialist
Question
I found three little lesions on my perineum and it stings and burns to urinate. It also hurts to have intercourse with my boyfriend. I went to the doctor's yesterday and found out that I have a UTI. But I am afraid the lesions could be something more serious. Should I get tested for STDs or do you think the UTI is the cause of it?
Posted Sat, 1 Sep 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 5 hours later

I have read your query & I understand your concerns.

1) Burning sensation while urinating could be due to UTI as diagnosed by your doctor. Please continue with the medication given by doctor.

2) The lesions on perineum & the pain during intercourse is probably due to fungal infection. I suggest you also get vaginal swab for culture which will show the type of organism infecting your vagina and the type of medicines needed to treat it.

3) Alternatively you can get tested for STD which will reveal the type of organism infecting the perineum.

I hope I answered your query. I will be available for any followup queries you have.

Dr.Mahesh Koregol
IVF & Infertility Specialist.

Follow-up: Found three little lesions on perineum, it stings and burns to urinate. Diagnosed with UTI. Chances of STD? 18 minutes later
Thank you so much, you were a lot of help! I scheduled an appointment with my GP to make sure nothing else is going on down there.

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 1 hour later
Hi, thats good to schedule appointment with your GP. Let me know if there are anymore queries. If you are satisfied with my answer, please accept my answer and close this query. Wish you good health. Regards, Dr. Mahesh Koregol.

Follow-up: Found three little lesions on perineum, it stings and burns to urinate. Diagnosed with UTI. Chances of STD? 13 hours later
I do have one more question before I have my appointment in 4 hours. I remember cutting myself while shaving down there over the weekend, a few hours before my UTI symptoms started showing up. Do you think that the cut could have gotten infected?

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 5 minutes later
Hi, i dont think there is any relation between the cut & your present symptoms. They are different set as i described above. Please accept my query & close the query if you have no other queries. Regards, Dr. Mahesh Koregol