Found thick white paste substance in vagina. What is it?

I found very thick white past substance in my vagina while showering. What is it? I am ovulating this week, but have never had this substance before. My discharge is normal.
Posted Fri, 9 Aug 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 11 minutes later
Thanks for posting your query on health care magic.

If the discharge is scanty, non-foulsmelling and non itching, there is absolutely no need to worry.
Moreover vaginal discharge during time of ovulation is considered to be physiological and normal. So do not worry.
No treatment is necessary at the moment.

Hope this helps. Feel free to ask if you have further query.
Dr Nilofer
Follow-up: Found thick white paste substance in vagina. What is it? 8 hours later
I do get a little itchy every month at this time, ovulation. My discharge can be heavy at times, is it possible to be allergic to your own discharge? The itch goes away after I ovulate, and if I wear a light-day pad I have no itching. I haven't changed soap, so not sure why ovulation week causes so much havoc. Thanks
Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 33 minutes later
Good to see your reply.

If itching is on and off, you need not worry.
But if itching continues even after ovulation, you need to get a swab test to rule out infection.

Dr Nilofer