Found squishy lump around anus under the skin. How to treat this?

Hi I just found a squishy lump around my anus under the skin. It does not hurt and moves around.
Posted Sat, 4 May 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 11 minutes later
Hi, welcome and thanks for writing in.
Squishy lump around anus can be small boil, prolapsed mucus or pile. Sometimes it may not cause any pain or symptoms. You need to consult board certified surgeon for proper clinical examination.
It is not a emergency situations. You can consult on appointment basis. If necessary few investigations like per rectal examination or proctoscopy may be necessary.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have further concern, please let me know.

Follow-up: Found squishy lump around anus under the skin. How to treat this? 31 minutes later
Could it be hemorrhoids? It seems to appear and be more obvious after I go to the bathroom.
Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 5 minutes later
Hi, welcome back.
Piles means haemorrhoids only. It could be haemorrhoids. There are bleeding haemorrhoids or just a prolapse of mucus.