Found small lump in underarm pit. Is painful and increased with squeezing. Is it cancerous?

I found a rather small lump almost under my left arm pit. It hurts like crazy and I can feel it kind of rolling around a bit. I squeezed it and it got bigger is it a cancerous lymph node.. or has it got an ingrown hair ?
Posted Sun, 18 Aug 2013 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Jay Patel 1 hour later

I am Dr. XXXXXXX and I will try my level best to address your needs.

Based on the informations it seem like a skin abscess (aka boil). It an infection mostly from the pulled axillary hair. It will get bigger due to inflammation on trying to squeezing as its an immune response.

Be rest assured its not cancerous lymph node, cancerous lymph node do not cause pain on squeezing. I may have got an ingrowing hair follicle.

Hope it helps to relive anxiety. Please feel free to contact me in case of any further concerns.