Found small hard lump on eyebrow. Any ideas?

Dec 2012

Hi Doctor. I have this small hard lump on my eyebrow. It's there for a few months. It's not sore and it hasn't grown. Any idea what it is. XXXXXXX
Posted Sat, 9 Feb 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 2 hours later

Thank you for writing to us.
The lump is likely due to a cyst ( depending on the location on the eyebrow with respect to depth). A physician will have to take a closer look at it so as to rule out skin affections and other benign subcutaneous masses like adenofibroma or rarely even a malignant mass. Sampling and analyzing the lump after biopsy will also be of use.
At this stage, it does sound completely harmless but just get it checked by a physician to be sure.
Hope this helps
Dr Nsah