Found small blood blister type hairline bump in pubic area. What could be this?

I found one small blood blister type bump just in from the hair line of my pubic hair. It is not near the labia or clitoris. It is not sore or uncomfortable. It is about the size of a BB, noticed first a couple weeks ago and inthinkmit has gotten bigger since then. But it concerns me. What might this be?
Posted Sat, 28 Jul 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 1 hour later
I think this lesion is not related to the HPV infection of the past which you have written in the history rather it appears something different.
In this site there are a host of possibilities- inadvertent trauma related bruise, neurofibroma, lipoma, insect bite, ecchymosis and many more.
I would like you to turn up for follow up with more detail on these points-
1. since when it is there, are you sure it was not there earlier, I mean is it new onset for sure?
2. Is it painful?
3. How is it's surface- smooth or rough feel, what exact size in centimeters?
4. Is it soft blister like or firm feel like muscle,
5. A picture is worth a million words- it would be a great help if you could load a photo of the blister.
Overall it seems a self limitting growth and should resolve without treatment by itself but I would rethink once I get the above details.
Hope you will get a solution to you query.
Follow-up: Found small blood blister type hairline bump in pubic area. What could be this? 30 hours later
Thank you for answering my question. It is not painful. And it could have been there longer, I just have not noticed it before and only noticed it because it is raised bump. It is maybe 2cm and is soft raised bump. It is smooth. Have not noticed any other bumps or similar spots. It does not itch or bother me at all. I have not messed with it and have not tried to pop it.
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 4 hours later
Welcome back,
That was my first impression that this must be a thing that was there for unknown duration of time.
You would not have any problem from this patch.
Such patches are very common and they are present for life without causing any trouble, just like a mole.
It is not causing cosmetic problem as well.
And do not expect it to go by itself.
If it turns painful or inrease in size to noticeable extent then you need to consult a dermatologist there.
I hope that clears you doubts.